Thursday, September 8, 2011

the pumping sagas

I am writing this as I pump- in my office! This is the first time in two babies that this has happened.

Our office is crazy. I share it with a co-worker. Add our assistant, our youth workers, and the million teachers and students that come in and out.. obviously not an ideal place to pump. We have a bathroom, but it is so small that I would be almost sitting on the toilet. And as we all know, pumping in the bathroom should be avoided at all costs!

But today is lovely. Our assistant is out of town, and my co-worker took a well-deserved afternoon off. I covered the windows in the door with some purple paper, locked it, turned the lights low, and here I am- sitting at my desk with my top off, pumping away!

It feels great not to infringe on someone else and take their space in order to pump, no matter how generous they may be with it. I wish that I could do this every day- but I'll still be happy doing it just this once!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for peacful pumping! I'm glad you had a relaxing day!
    Crystal
    http://www.SoooBig.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...