I stopped taking mine for a while after Baby S was born. Why? Because I kept forgetting to take them. Bad idea- I started feeling really rundown, losing hair in clumps, and just generally feeling drained. As soon as I started taking my vitamins again I felt much better (sure, the tired and drained feeling is something that never leaves a new mom, but it was much less than before, for sure!).
As a new mom, I know that it is difficult to remember to do anything. How to remember this one little thing?
Possible strategies for remembering to take your vitamins:
- Decide a time of day to take them- upon waking or before going to sleep. Put the bottle on your nightstand and make it the first or last thing that you do each day.
- Do you drink coffee in the morning? Put the bottle on top of the coffee can or coffee maker.
- Everyone goes to the bathroom! Put the bottle next to the toilet.
- Do you have other children? Make them in charge of reminding you- I guarantee that not only will they remember, they'll love helping mommy every day.
- Is your partner working? Ask him or her to put a post-it on their computer, so they can remind you when they check-in each day.
- Write a note and put it somewhere you look every day.
- Put the bottle in your breastfeeding basket.
- Get a pill box that has a compartment for each day of the week.
- Schedule a reminder on your phone or computer.
- Set your alarm clock to go off at the same time every day.
Any other ways that mamas out there use to remember?