Monday, February 6, 2012

one of those nights

Last night was one of those nights. You know- those nights, the nights that you get into bed thinking, Yes! I'm getting under the covers at a decent time. I'm going to get a good night's sleep!


Then... no.

Baby S decided that it would be one of those nights when she MUST HAVE A NIPPLE IN HER MOUTH. Why? I have no fricking fracking clue. She's 11 months old, for cripes sake! She hasn't had a "I'm going to eat all night" night for quite a while.

I think. My memory doesn't function too well anymore. Brain too filled up with Goodnight Moon, laundry and cute baby faces.

Anyways, by 7:30 am my breasts felt like 2 deflated old balloons and she was still sucking. The child couldn't possibly have been getting anything out, but still, she was attacking me like a rabid little spider monkey, feasting on the breast buffet. Right, left, right, left.

Well, whatever. We're awake now and she's started her day (albeit somewhat crabbily). She's chewing on an apple wedge and looking for mischief. Me, I'm just going to chalk it up to the almighty terror-causing teething bug, and leave it at that.

And drink a crapload of water.

2 comments:

  1. Had this kind of night last night too. And too many nights to count over the past few weeks. We're at 10 months, only hoping to survive till her 1st birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those nights. I feel you! He's 2 now, and thankfully waits until 6am to start nursing, usually. Hang in there! Perhaps you will find out what "it" was in a few days. Maybe teething, maybe your awesome antibodies just cured her of the dreadful cold that she might have otherwise gotten :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...