Friday, November 4, 2011

review: glamourmom nursing gear

Glamourmom Nursing Bra Long Top in Stripe
Do you have a favorite piece of nursing gear?

I do now- my Glamourmom nursing tank.

Let me back up. Even before I was pregnant, I lived in tanks, year round. Easy summer wear, great for layering in the fall and spring, and perfect for adding a bit more warmth without bulk during the winter. I never knew about the invention of the nursing tank, but I was overjoyed to find them after giving birth to Toddler B.

Of course, at that point my nursing tank purchases were strictly made at the big box bullseye. Nothing wrong with these tanks, in particular- a little pricey, not too much support, tended to stretch out of shape a bit after a couple of washes, but overall, not bad. Easy access for nursing, and I didn't have to give up my tank top love affair. I knew of some pricier lines that were sold on the internet, but I didn't see the point of spending more.

That is, until I got my Glamourmom tank. I was sent the Glamourmom Nursing Bra Long Top in the black and white stripes seen above. The second I put it on, I was in love. You see, after two babies, I need a little more support up top. With this tank's full built in nursing bra and thick stretchy cotton and elastane fabric, my breasts moved back up to almost pre-baby height- without any extra bra support!!! LOVE.


Glamourmom Nursing Bra Sleep
 and Loungewear Long Tank
In addition, the tank just plain feels good and well-made. Nice, soft fabric that feels thick enough to hold it all in. Long enough to wear with leggings and boots. After putting it on I wore it for almost 3 days straight- I just didn't want to take it off. When I finally did take it off to wash, I was still pleased- it came out of the wash in like-new condition. No fading, shrinking, or weird stretching. Perfect!

The bonus? When I put it on, my partner looked at me and whistled- Is that new? I like it! A little R-rated snuggling followed. Smile.

Glamourmom succeeds where other companies fail because it was born out of necessity. When founder Line Rothman gave birth to her first daughter in 2000, she was frustrated with the lack of options that gave easy access for nursing while covering her post-partum tummy- so she created her own. Since then, Glamourmom has evolved into an internationally loved brand.

Glamourmom Nursing Bra Dress
And I am their newest convert! Glamourmom offers a full range of nursing and maternity gear- nursing bras, different styles of tanks, long sleeved nursing shirts, nightgowns and loungewear, even dresses and swimsuits.

Check out Glamourmom US and Glamourmom UK today! During the month of December, Glamourmom will match any product purchase on www.glamourmom.com by donating a nursing bra tank to Feed the Children.

The international hunger relief organization will distribute nursing tanks to moms through domestic agencies and military support groups, and to various developing countries to assist moms and babies in need.  The Holiday Giving donation program will run until December 31, 2011. Read more about this support-worthy project here


Glamourmom provided one of their nursing tanks for review free of charge. The opinions, however, are all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...