You may wonder, what makes a food a breastfeeding super snack? My criteria:
1. You can eat it one handed.
2. Easy and quick to make, or easy to make ahead of time and store in fridge for immediate snacking ease.
3. Good for you and/or aids in milk production.
Where does roasted cauliflower fit in? Check yes on number 1, yes on number 2 and triple yes on being good for you! In this season of colds and flu, I know many people that are knocking back those man made little packets of Vitamin C powder, full of food dyes and who knows what else. But did you know that one cup of cauliflower will give you 92% of your daily vitamin C needs? 1 cup!!! Other plusses: a bunch of other important vitamins are also in there, and it just plain tastes good. Throw away those packets and start your ovens!
How to make roasted cauliflower:
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Chop a head of cauliflower into big bite pieces.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and toss in a roasting pan or baking sheet with a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
4. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes (let cauliflower brown on the edges a bit).
5. Throw in a bowl and snack away!
Extra bonus? Even the most kitchen challenged mate can make this. Enjoy!