Saturday, September 17, 2011

breastfeeding snacks- fried zucchini

BREASTFEEDING SUPER SNACK #4: FRIED ZUCCHINI

I've been hooked on this snack ever since visiting a friends farm in northern Utah as a teenager and eating his mom's fried zucchini. I'd never had it before and I marveled at how something so simple and plain-looking could turn into something so savory and delicious.

Although I call it "fried zucchini", you can actually fry any type of summer squash (green, yellow, starburst, etc.) and get the same scrumptious results. Now is the perfect time, too- head out to your local farmers market and you will find all types of shapes and colors of summer squash. Experiment!

How to make it:


1. Slice zucchini in 1/2 inch circles.
2. Throw a tablespoon of butter in frying pan on med-high.
3. Arrange zucchini circles in pan evenly.
4. Cook till slightly brown (some like it browner than others, experiment!) on one side, then flip.
5. When slightly brown on both sides, remove and blot with paper towel.
6. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Enjoy!

Now I've made myself hungry. I'm drooling just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. These are one of my absolute favorite snacks! Every year I can't wait for squash season.

    We dredge ours in egg and flour before adding to the fry pan. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...