Tuesday, July 26, 2011

breastfeeding changes your brain

A recent study shows that breastfeeding alters a mother's brain, mentally bonding her to her baby and making her more sensitive to it's cries.

Researchers told MSNBC that breastfeeding mothers were more responsive to their babies' cries than formula feeding mothers, and that this was reflected in regions of their brain.

I do believe that this is true- I sleep in the same bed as Baby S, and am able to wake from a deep sleep the second she stirs and wants to eat. I also have somehow avoided all those evils that they say will befall the mother that sleeps with her child- no suffocating in blankets, no rolling over on her.

I will credit it to my new breastfeeding super brain powers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...